Life all around us

Welcome to Urban poems. Real life. Real words. Poetic flow.

26 July, 2007

Making Sweet Poetry

maybe we can write some poetry together...

your pen with my ink...
wet, vivid, rhythmic...
every line a clinch,
every word a kink
in the sheet
writing in
sweet synchronised
successive strokes
sucking assonance
down our throats
licking each others
metaphors
funky like open pores
we pause
to change the iambic
position
on the poetry we're making together

take off your lid
please
and slide with ease
your calligraphy nib
deep into my ink well
now scrawl your verse
use every vowel to spell
your pleasure first:
aaeee, eey, iyyy, ooohhh, uuuooo
inject hard constantans too
fffff, hhhrrrr, cccckkk
me,
you
sure write good lines
of simile
this poetic revolution
will not be televised.

Wait!
Before you flip this paper over
to inscribe on it’s reverse
and leave your mark
of prosaic honour
let’s re-read that last verse
one more time, again
over
and over
and over
let me grip on to the pen

now it’s my turn to
write a libretto
let me hold the pen
just so,
as it’s smudging
my still wet characters
I better write faster
Change the tempo
Jot and scribble
In staccato
Words so
Frantic
Written in
Monosyllabics
only
Two
Words
Repeated
Together
Juxtaposed
To
the
subject
matter…

The rhythm slows
As limp hands hold
Flaccid pens
Words spent
Poem written and re-read
Sheets smoothed
Ruffled from
The fluid poetry making
We just done
And with proof reading
intent
Let’s smoke a cigarette.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh god, oh god, oh god....OOOOOOOHHHHH GGGGGOOOOOODDD...that was some good poetry. I wish I had paid more attention in English class so I learn to get myself off with soem poetry